Seed Rate (2 passes)
Seed Rate (1 pass)
|Broadcast Spreader Application||Days to Germ||Blade Texture||Wear Tolerance||Quick Cover||Slopes & Terrace||Exposure||Disease Resistance||Drought Tolerance|
|Independence LS||8 lbs/1,000 sq. ft.||4 lbs/1,000 sq. ft.||33% Opening||8-12 Days||Medium||Excellent||Good||Good||Sun||Good||Excellent|
|Best of Blues||3-4 lbs/1,000 sq. ft.||1-2 lbs/1,000 sq. ft.||20% Opening||14-28 Days||Fine||Good||Fair||Good||Sun||Good||Fair|
|Fescue & Blue Mix for Sun||8 lbs/1,000 sq. ft.||4 lbs/1,000 sq. ft.||25% Opening||8-12 Days||Medium||Excellent||Good||Good||Sun||Excellent||Excellent|
|Fescue & Blue Mix for Shade||8 lbs/1,000 sq. ft.||4 lbs/1,000 sq. ft.||25% Opening||8-12 Days||Medium||Excellent||Good||Good||Shade||Excellent||Excellent|
* Drop Spreaders are not recommended to spread grass seed *
5 Easy Steps to a Picture Perfect lawn:
- Prepare the Soil: It’s important there is good seed to soil contact. For small areas and spot seeding, work up the area with a hard rake to about ½” depth. Apply seed lightly.
- Rake back in to about ¼” deep so seed is barely below the surface.
- Fertilize: Apply Dyn-Green Starter fertilizer for optimum establishment and growth.
- Water thoroughly. Keep moist until grass germinates. Do not allow the ½” of the soil to become dry. Once the lawn is established, reduce watering frequency to help ensure a deep-rooted lawn.
- Mow once the grass reaches 3” in height. For large areas, complete lawn care, and renovations visit www.dynagreeninfo.com for more detailed instructions.