All Purpose 12-8-8
- Strong roots
- Promotes lush foliage & beautiful color
- Flowers & Veggies: Spread fertilizer evenly on the bed surface and work into the top 2 to 4 inches of soil surface before planting.
- Shrubs, Hedges & Ornamentals: Apply in the late spring and early fall. Where rapid growth is desired, or in areas where the growing season is extended, a third application is recommended in mid-summer.
- Fruit & Nut Trees: Apply fertilizer 3 times a year – once in the spring before new growth appears, early summer, and again in the fall after fruit and nuts have been harvested.
- Shade Trees: Fertilize your trees 2 to 4 weeks before they break bud in spring. A second application is desired 6 to 8 weeks once the trees have reached peak spring growth. Fertilize again in 6 to 8 weeks.
- Watering Suggestions: Since fertilizer left on the foliage will cause leaf burn, fertilizer spills should be picked up and spread out, then water well to lower the concentration in the area of the spill. A thorough soaking is preferred to a light shallow watering. This encourages deep rooting and will resist heat and drought stress. Surface drying helps to reduce fungus diseases, which thrive in high moisture and temperature conditions. Early morning watering is recommended.